ReminderCall Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy describes actions that ReminderCall (a.k.a. Reminder Services, Inc.) prohibits when any party uses the ReminderCall Services. The ReminderCall Services may not be used in any illegal, abusive, or other manner that interferes with the business or activities of any other party. The following list gives examples of prohibited activities. This list is provided by way of example and should not be considered exhaustive.
- Attempting to bypass or break any security mechanism on any of the ReminderCall Services or using the ReminderCall Services in any other manner that poses a security or service risk to ReminderCall or any of its users.
- Testing or reverse-engineering the ReminderCall Services in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities, or evade filtering capabilities.
- Launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any of the ReminderCall Services or any other conduct that adversely impacts the availability, reliability, or stability of the ReminderCall Services.
- Transmitting any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs.
- Using the ReminderCall Services in any manner that violates any applicable industry standards, third-party policies or requirements that ReminderCall may communicate to its users, including without limitation, all of the applicable guidelines published by the CTIA, the Mobile Marketing Association or any other accepted industry associations, carrier guidelines or other industry standards.
- Engaging in any unsolicited advertising, marketing, surveying, polling, collections or other activities, including, without limitation, any activities that violate anti-spam laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act. This includes using the ReminderCall services without obtaining prior express consent where it is required.
- Using the ReminderCall Services in connection with any unsolicited or harassing messages (commercial or otherwise) including but not limited to unsolicited or unwanted phone calls, SMS or text messages, voicemail, or faxes.
- Sending automated text messages or calls before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. local time.
- Using ReminderCall Services to harvest or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses or phone numbers.
- Using ReminderCall Services to engage in fraudulent activity with respect to third parties.
- Violating or facilitating the violation of any local or foreign law, including laws regarding the transmission of data or software.
- Taking any action to encourage or promote any activity prohibited under this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Transmitting any material that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
- Transmitting any material that is libelous, defamatory, discriminatory or otherwise malicious or harmful to any person or entity.
- Transmitting any false information with the intent either to mislead or to prank the recipient.
- Creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call.